We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic registered nurse to join our team providing a holistic approach to the care of our pupils. You will be responsible on advising the above school on the various health issues concerned with school age children and implementing school nursing practices where appropriate.
Orchard Hill College & Academy Trust (OHC&AT) is a family of education providers operating out of sites at Carshalton, Hackbridge, Camberwell, New Malden, Hillingdon, Kingston, Croydon, Uxbridge and Berkshire. OHC&AT provides a stimulating yet safe learning environment enabling each pupil/student to achieve to their maximum potential whilst managing their specialist and complex physical, health and learning needs.
Arbour Vale School is a generic special needs school and caters for pupils with speech, language and communication difficulties, PMLD, SLD, ASD and MLD. Abilities are wide ranging throughout the school.
You must have:
- First Level Nursing qualification - Minimum 4 years’ post registration experience or proven evidence of autonomous responsibility.
- Experience of working with young people and adults with learning disabilities.
- Ability to work autonomously and as an independent practitioner.
- Worked as part of a multi-disciplinary team of therapy, medical, educational and care colleagues.
- Provide clinical expertise including initial assessment, therapeutic interventions and behaviour management.
- Be responsible for training members of staff.
OHC&AT are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please send expressions of interest to email@example.com for the attention of Don Blaylock
Full Time Position - Grade 6
Term Time Only plus 4 weeks per year in non-term time
Closing date: 29/3/2018
Interview date: WC 16/4/2018, this is due to school holidays.