Cedar Curriculum Overview - Summer
In Cedar class this term we are looking forward to discovering more about ‘The Tudors’ as our Humanities focus. To this end, we are planning an educational trip to a local museum to explore Tudor objects, but will enjoy a lunch at a restaurant too!
In English we will have opportunities to read historical fiction based on Tudor characters, and use our communication skills in describing Tudor artefacts and the lives of Tudor people.
We have also welcomed a new pupil to Cedar class this term, so it is our chance to demonstrate interpersonal skills such as being kind and respectful to others!
This term in Music KS3 pupils will:
- Listen to the sounds of some Tudor instruments and discuss and identify their modern counterparts
- Play and perform “Tudor songs” in solo and ensemble contexts using their voices and playing musical instruments with increasing accuracy, fluency, control and expression
- Improvise and compose their own Tudor songs using familiar tunes and making up their words that reflect the history of Tudor Times.
- Compose a “Tudor Fanfare” using music notation.
- Listen to reordered performances of Tudor music to develop a understanding of Tudor Music.
Tudors playing musicTudors playing music.jpg748Tudors playing music
Clockwise from left: Sara , Rosie , Saqib , Sam , Sunny , Sofia , Shayn , Asim , Jacqueline , Arrieann , Habiba , (front row) Nabhaan , Princess , Tyler . ( Missing: William , Sarah , Lynda )cedar.jpg605cedarClockwise from left: Sara , Rosie , Saqib , Sam , Sunny , Sofia , Shayn , Asim , Jacqueline , Arrieann , Habiba , (front row) Nabhaan , Princess , Tyler . ( Missing: William , Sarah , Lynda )